Safety & Etiquette
Please take note of the following guidelines concerning safety and good shooting practice which should be observed when shooting:
Archery Etiquette (taken from the Archery GB guidelines)
A Good Archer:
- Does not talk in a loud voice when others are shooting.
- Does not talk to another archer who obviously prefers to be silent.
- Does not make any exclamation on the shooting line which might startle another archer who is in the act of shooting.
- Does not go behind the target to retrieve his/her arrows before his scores have been recorded.
- Does not walk up and down the shooting line comparing scores.
- Does not touch anyone else’s equipment without permission.
- Does not leave litter.
- When calling scores, does so in groups of three. For example, “7-7-5” pause “5-3-1”
- If he/she breaks another’s arrow through carelessness, pays for it in cash on the spot.
- Thanks the Target Captain at the end of the round for recording the scores.